Volunteer Your Skills
At IVTG we embrace experiential and practical learning and acknowledge that when people from different backgrounds come together, great things happen. That’s why welcome visitors and people from all walks of life to volunteer with us.
Volunteering with us is as easy as ABCD…
First you fill the online form expressing interest to volunteer. Once your request is received it’s vetted and within seven days, you have feedback on your request. The answer can be YES, NO or WAIT but often we try our best make it happen.
Areas to volunteer include;
- Office and Administration where you work closely with our team to design programs, activities and other administrative procedures
- Field work, where you can put all your talents at work either as a language teacher, playing with kids, cooking for children, engaging in community building activities such as building a house for a need family or participating in a story telling session.
- Participate in online marketing and donor finding activities. Just to name a few.
What’s great about our volunteer program;
- You are never left one your own- you always have someone around to work with and help.
- Opportunity to develop ideas and test them with us in real life situation.
- Working but having fun while at it,
- Think about the most remote place you have ever been on earth—-We will take you there.
- Life long experiences like bathing in a traditional bathroom made of banana leaves, living in a tiny mud hurt without electricity, singing and dancing to local rhythms
- Spending time in different rural villages and experiencing local foods. ETC
Does one pay? No, one does pay to be part of our volunteer program. However, one has an option of donating 120USD per month or 5USD per day to support a project of their choice during their stay.
For non-locals we offer accommodation and meals on site at 25USD per day (Note, this not a typical hotel set up but a normal family set up where meals and services are very basic most of them gathered locally)
Welcome to a great stay.